This simulation is designed for adult learners with some project management experience.
You will only be able to access this course for the first 180 days after purchase.
In this simulation, you've been named the project leader for an exciting new project—the development of a knowledge sharing database for your company, Four Corners BioPharma, Inc. The project will involve establishing processes for storing and sharing knowledge in your multinational corporation and developing the 4CShare software itself.
Over the course of the project, you'll make decisions about the project scope, schedule, budget, quality, and risk. As you make these decisions, an adaptive scoreboard will reflect the impact of your choices on project success. The goal in the simulation is to optimize positive scores across the following project management factors (as identified by the PMI® 2011 role delineation study):
• Initiating the Project
• Planning the Project
• Executing the Project
• Monitoring and Controlling the Project
• Closing the Project
• Cross-Cutting Knowledge and Skills
This simulation is meant to sharpen your understanding of key project management skills. Those skills include:
• Leading a project team
• Balancing competing interests, such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, communications, and procurement considerations throughout every project phase
• Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
• Analyzing schedule, budget, and quality data and using that information to make educated decisions
• Addressing issues related to project procurement
Prerequisites: This simulation does not have any prerequisites.
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours of online course work
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.