You will only be able to access this course for the first 90 days after purchase.
This course deals with business ethics, the consideration of questions of moral right versus wrong in the context of business practice. Individual business leaders are increasingly being held responsible and accountable for their ethical behavior. Organizations have learned that the costs of unethical actions can be high, both legally, and from the perspective of brand image and reputation.
This course reviews how organizations can establish and encourage an ethical culture while monitoring for compliance.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Describe the major ethical frameworks used in developing business ethics
• Explain the three components of the Ethical Triangle: Individual Ethics, Leadership Ethics, and Governance and Control
• Discuss key ethical challenges in the workplace
• Describe the use of organizational ethics codes
• Outline the ethical issues involved in the employer-employee relationship including Employment at Will, due process and fairness
• Discuss the use of ethics training
• Explain how organizations monitor ethical performance
• Describe the relationship between Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and ethics
• Outline issues involving corporate governance
• Explain how sustainability is an ethical concern
• Discuss ethics and the regulatory environment (Sarbanes-Oxley Act; U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act)
• Explain the issues around whistleblowing
• Describe the role of leadership in establishing an ethical culture
Level/Prerequisites: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Estimated time to complete: 10 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.