This course is designed for adult learners with a basic understanding of and experience with PowerPoint.
You will only be able to access this course for the first 30 days after purchase.
The ability to communicate clearly and effectively is increasingly important in organizational settings. This course helps learners organize, structure, and create effective presentations. Since many organizations use PowerPoint as a way of communicating information, this course offers advice and guidance on the most effective and persuasive uses of PowerPoint.
After completing this course, you’ll be able to:
• Recognize what makes communication effective
• Understand the elements in the communications process
• Organize your communications and presentations
• Understand PowerPoint graphic rules of thumb
• Create an effective summary slide
• Describe and employ the four steps of purposeful communication in your presentations
• Understand the forecast, present, and echo structure for presentations
• Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations
• Understand how to organize and create PowerPoint presentations
• Revise PowerPoint slides to make them more effective
• Understand the success factors for face-to-face presentations
Level: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Estimated time to complete: 4-6 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.