You will only be able to access this course for the first 30 days after purchase.
Managers who lead and manage through coaching—providing encouragement, feedback, and support—are more successful in ""working through others."" This brief course focuses on the skills and techniques of positive coaching in an organizational setting including listening actively, providing constructive feedback based on observation, reinforcing positive employee performance through recognition and praise, and teaching new skills.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
• Explain how coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
• Distinguish between managerial coaching, executive coaching, and personal coaching
• Identify the triggers for coaching and recognize characteristics of coachability
• Describe the five-step coaching process
• Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
• Explain the USED and GROW models for coaching
• Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
• Explain the differences between mentoring and coaching
Level: Introductory/No Prerequisites
Prerequisites: There are no prerequisites for this course.
Estimated time to complete: 3-5 hours
Ask the Expert: This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Required Material: This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Successful Completion Requirement for IACET CEU: Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.