Are you a WEF Member?
WEF Members can access this webcast and many more free of charge.
This webcast is first in a four part Workforce Webcast Series focusing on different workforce issues. The webcast series and was developed as part of the final project for the Water Leadership Institute (WLI). Each webcast consists of different sections developed by different groups.
This webcast will consist of three components lasting 40 mins each. Please find the information for each section below. The order of the presentation is as follows:
- Break the Illusion and go for Inclusion
- This section will explore the advantages that an organization can expect to gain from building a diverse workforce and methods to create inclusivity in the workplace. Key learning objectives include the characteristics and benefits of inclusive workplaces, ways to recognize biases within an organization's culture and yourself as an individual, and steps to overcome unconscious biases.
- Passing the Buck(ets): Inter-generational Knowledge Transfer
- This section will highlight issues surfacing from increasing retirement rates and focus on effective knowledge capture and sharing between water-industry professionals through improved strategies for communication, training, and succession planning.
- Not All Leaders Wear Capes
- Leading without a title is one of the most important skills to master as a professional. Designed for entry to mid-level professionals, this webcast will discuss what it means to be a leader, how to successfully lead without a leadership title, and feature interviews of recognized leaders in the water industry.
There will be 2.0 Professional Development Hours (PDHs) offered for this webcast. Please check with your state accreditation agency to determine if you qualify.